1. Microphone placement or operate the boom microphone which is either handheld on a long arm or dolly mounted.
2. Assist the production sound mixer on film and television sets.
3. Must memorize all the dialogue and know when scene changes occur so that he is ready to move the boom pole quickly, as needed.
4. Connects microphone wires to preamplifier and preamplifier wires to sound mixing apparatus.
5. Positions microphone so as not to cast shadows or come in view of the camera.
Or use one of the following: